The following information covers Tiny Home Kit reg & sale pricing w’ specs. Tiny Dome Home Kits when assembled and finished can result in 172 sq.ft. to 1,278 sq.ft. Dome sizes are measured by feet in diameter with the 15′, 18′, and 22′ kits having a first floor with optional attic/loft. The 27′, 30′ & 34′ can have a second floor installed. The 27′ and 34′ second floor dome panels are large enough to for window dormers to accept fire egress size window. This allows for the 27′ & 34′ domes second floor to contain a bedroom; resulting in the 27’ & 34’ domes being two bedroom/two bath. The 30′ dome second floor panels are not large enough for a window dormer so no bedroom can be designed – use the 30′ second floor for storage, office, craft area, additional bathroom, rec room.
Tiny Dome Building Kit Contents:
- 15’ & 18’ Kits consist of all the triangle prefab panels and standard 4’ risers plus 2’ riser prefab component panels for the dome shell and panels for one entryway. Your floor plan selection determines how many more entryways and dormers are in your kit.
- 22’ & 27’ Kits consists of all the triangle prefab panels and standard 4’ riser prefab component panels for the dome shell and panels for one entryway. 5 foot tall risers can be ordered instead of the standard four foot tall risers. Your floor plan selection determines how many more entryways and dormers are in your kit.
- 30’ & 34’ Kits consist of all the triangle prefab panels and standard 4’ risers prefab component panels for the dome shell and panels for one entryway. Additional two foot tall riser can be ordered to be installed on top of the four foot riser. This increases first floor ceiling heights where a second floor is installed from 7’6″ to 9’6″. Your floor plan selection determines how many more entryways and dormers are in your kit.
Each triangle and riser prefab component panel consists of exterior ¾” fiber concrete reinforced with galvanized steel mesh, center core of 7″ R-28 expanded polystyrene (EPS) insulation with interior special moisture resistant 1/2″ gypsum drywall from Georgia Pacific called DensArmor Plus. During kit assembly it can rain. Water does not harm this special DensArmor drywall. On site fiber concrete is troweled into seams between panels. Seam concrete average thickness is two inches. Independent Kit Assembly Consultant can be hired to supervise your workers or your Builder’s workers during kit assembly.
25% Discount Tiny Dome Housing Kits*
If Deposit & Order Placed by December 11, 2015
With Kit Delivery by May 30, 2016
- Submit Order by December 11, 2015 to receive 25% discount. To schedule your kit for manufacturing, Ai requires signed Order Form, Conditions of Sale (Warranty), Specialized Material Agreement and kit deposit (Checks aremade payable to American Ingenuity).
- Accept delivery of your Kit by May 30, 2016 allowing Ai to select the week/day of shipment within the month agreed upon by Buyer & Ai to make 25% discount possible.
- To acquire a building permit, building departments usually require engineer sealed building plans and an Energy Report. Stock or Custom plans take 2-10 weeks for delivery. Allow 4-8-12 weeks for kit manufacturing time.
- Standard Building Kits contain all the triangular & riser panels to complete the dome shell and one entryway. Each floor plan varies as to the number of entryways, door dormers and windows dormers. Additional Entryways, Dormers, Risers are offered at current pricing.
- This special incentive cannot be combined with other discounts or savings offers.
Where doors & windows are located in the dome, structural awnings called entryways and dormers must be installed. The number of entryways and dormers are determined by your choice of floor plan. Entryway panels consist of 3½” EPS with no steel mesh or concrete. Steel mesh is purchased from Ai and attached on site with panels requiring on-site concreting. Dormers consist of 3 ½” EPS wrapped with steel mesh & require on site concreting. Call for Link pricing. Links can be purchased with 1/2″ DensArmor drywall. Links consist of precut 7” EPS. Steel mesh can be purchased from Ai. The link requires on-site mesh installation and concreting. American Ingenuity Domes are designed with flexibility, allowing you to create your own personal home and floor plan layout. Exterior doors & windows are purchased locally and installed onsite within the entryways and dormers using locally purchased materials. Solar tubes can be installed onsite within a panel. (Do not cut within 8” of a seam).
PAYMENT: Tiny Home Building Kit orders require a 30% deposit. The balance, in the form of a bank check, is due 21 days prior to shipment. Florida residents add sales tax & your counties surtax. No credit card charges. *Pricing does not include shipping or building plans.
SHIPPING: American Ingenuity can arrange shipping on 53’ step deck semi-trucks. Freight varies from $2.40 to $2.90 per mile ($800 minimum) per truck, from American Ingenuity plant in Rockledge, Florida. One truck can carry five 15’ kits; or two 18’ kits; or two 22’ kits; or one 22’ kit & one 27’ kit; or one 30′ kit; or one 34′ kit – each with 7” EPS insulation.
15′ & 18′ Kit: If 3 ½” EPS and no drywall one truck can carry up to ten 15’ kits; or up to four 18’ kits. 22’, 27′, 30′ and 34′ kits cannot be purchased with 3 ½” EPS. The panels are too large in these larger kits to manufacture with thinner 3 1/2″ insulation. The 7″ insulation is required so the panel is not flexible during movement.
AVAILIBILITY: Depending on time of year allow 4 to 8 to 16 weeks after deposit with Kit Order Form, Conditions of Sale with Material Order Agreement.
25% Discount —Residential Building Plans For Tiny Homes
To view samples of floor plan layouts, click on Stock Plans. If you do not see a stock plan to fit your desires, Ai can modify or customize a plan from your sketches and descriptions. Each Set of Building Plans includes the floor plan layout(s) and consists of 13 – 17 blueprints depending on type of entryways and dormers in your kit.
Ai’s philosophy is that each Buyer pays for only what they need. Ai does not burden the price of the building kit with plan’s pricing, engineer seal cost or energy report cost. Building plans are purchased three months to -1 1/2 years prior to kit shipment. About 50% of the building departments require engineer sealed plans and an energy report to issue a permit. As a result, each customer pays for their plans separately from the building kit and pays for a seal and energy report only if their building department requires them.
Building Departments vary by state as to what they require to issue a new home building permit. If you give Ai your parcel ID number & building department name, we will call and email info to them and find out what is required for them to issue a permit. Will they require the building plans to be sealed and stamped by an engineer licensed for your state? Will they require an Energy Report? If required these items can be purchased from American Ingenuity. To learn more about building permit, click on permit.
The standard foundation under Ai’s domes is a concrete slab. Other types of foundations; i.e. basements, stem wall, pilings, require the hiring of an engineer. Call for engineer pricing. Each buyer tells Ai the type foundation they want designed. The foundation type is determined by property terrain, building department requirements and requirements from a soil report.
Plans may be purchased with a credit card, check or money order. Stock plans utilize a concrete slab foundation and are delivered within 2-4 weeks, Allow at least 5 modified plans and 8-10-12 weeks for custom plans.
AREA AND VOLUME: 15’, 18’ & 22’ can have attic/loft. 27’, 30’ & 34’ can have second floor. 27’ & 34’ dome second floor can have bedroom because window dormer accepts fire egress window. 30’ dome panels are too small to have second floor window dormer; as a result 30’ second floor can be utilized for rec room, office, craft room, bathroom…not a bedroom.
HEIGHTS: Ai dome kits come with standard 4’ vertical riser panels before triangle geometry starts. 15’ & 18’ Kits come with standard 4’ risers & additional 2’ risers. 22’ & 27’ Kits come with standard 4’ risers or custom 5’ risers can be ordered w’ taller entryway & taller first floor door dormer base panels. 30′ & 34′ Kits come with standard 4′ risers. Ai cannot ship 5’ risers for the 30’ – 48’ dome kits because the five foot risers do not fit on the truck. For 30’ & 34′ kits custom 2’ risers can be installed above the standard 4’ risers with taller entryway base panels ordered
Two diagrams below represent geometry for 15’ & 18’ w’ 4’ risers & additional 2’ risers. 22’ & 27’ have 4’ risers or 5’ risers. 30’ & 34’ have 4’ risers or additional 2’ risers can be installed above the 4’ risers.
INSULATION: 3 1/2″ EPS 7″ EPS
THERMAL RESISTANCE: R-14 R-28
THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY: K=0.0714 BTU/hr./sq.ft./F K=0.0357 BTU/hr./sq.ft./F
DOME GEOMETRY: Frequency is the number of intersections from the center of one pentagon to the next.
- 15’, 18’, 22’, 27’ domes are 2-frequency, 1/2 spheres. 15’ & 18’ are on 4′ vertical risers plus 2’ risers. 22’ & 27’ domes are on standard 4 ’ risers or custom 5’ risers.
- 30′ & 34′ domes are 3-frequency, 3/8 spheres on a 4′ vertical riser. 30′ & 34′ domes can have additional 2′ riser installed above 4′ standard riser.
Conditions and costs may change requiring our prices to increase without prior notice.
AMERICAN INGENUITY, INC.
8777 Holiday Springs Road, Rockledge, Florida 32955-5805
PHONE: 321-639-8777 FAX: 321-639-8778