Domes for Sale: Norwalk Connecticut 40′ Aidome on unfinished basement has sold for $420,000.
Below is photo gallery. To view each photo in the gallery, click on arrow on right center of photo.
For Sale 34′ Aidome w’ Full Basement on 2.2 Acres
Wood Burning Fireplace – $160,000
3,400 ft elevation – one mile off the Blue Ridge Parkway
In Busick North Carolina (30 min from Marion & Burnsville NC)
One Hour From Asheville, North Carolina
1,092 sq.ft. Dome w’ 824 sq.ft. Basement for total 1,916 sq.ft.
Dome has two bedrooms and two baths
Basement has separate apartment, mud room & storeroom
(Apt has one bedroom, full bath, kitchenette w’ family room)
Call Glenda for info 321-693-8787 or Email
(use arrows above on right and left side of main picture to view other photos in the gallery)
Have you dreamed of living in an American Ingenuity dome? Are you tired of your state’s hot summers? Purchase this amazing dome to relax in the coolness of the 3,400 feet elevation of the North Carolina Black Mountains, play golf two miles away at the four and one half star Mount Mitchell Golf Course or trout fish at the nearby Black Mountain Campground. When you are not enjoying the dome, rent out the dome or the basement apartment to those wanting to hike the Blue Ridge Parkway trails, view the gorgeous autumn foliage, visit the Parkway water falls, Mount Mitchell State Park or the surrounding quaint small towns and sights of Asheville – Biltmore Estate and its Gardens. During the winter ski in Boone North Carolina.
The dome is an eleven hour drive from central Florida and is one mile off the Blue Ridge Parkway & the eastern continental divide, 30 minutes from Marion & Burnsville North Carolina and one hour from Asheville. The dome’s incredible glassed high profile entryways and decks allow for quiet viewing of the spectacular North Carolina country side, mountains, flora and fauna. Seen on the property: northern flying squirrel, saw-whet owl, white-tailed deer and gray fox. Mount Mitchell State Park is 12 miles away where bird watchers have recorded 91 species in the park. Birds more characteristic of New England and Canada—including winter wrens, slate-colored juncos, red crossbills and golden-crowned kinglets—nest at these high altitudes. Spring and summer bring the drumming of ruffed grouse. From the observation tower, visitors can often see peregrine falcons whipping past.
Sit in tranquility on the decks, share morning coffee and the countryside views. Enjoy hiking the Blue Ridge Parkway trails, having picnics at the water falls, eating at local cafes in Little Switzerland, attending live theater performances in Asheville, skiing in Boone and becoming friends with the amazing local residents.
The basement walls were built on site from eight inch poured concrete with French drain. The 1,092 sq.ft. 34′ dome has a wood burning fireplace, two skylights and two magnificent glassed high profile entryways. The 824 sq.ft. basement has an apartment for a total square footage in the dome and basement of 1,916 sq.ft.
The custom built spiral stair case and railing around it and oak planks were sawed from red oak trees from the area. Seventeen foot high vaulted ceilings are above the 150 sq.ft. dining room, 162 sq.ft. living room, both High Profile entryways, fireplace and the spiral stairs.
The dome’s first floor is 840 sq.ft. with one bedroom & one bath and second floor is 252 sq.ft. with one bedroom & one bath. The first floor bath has tub/shower and second floor has bathroom with shower. Dome is accessed via spiral stairs from the basement or via exterior stairs or by walking around the dome.
The Basement apartment includes: one bedroom, full bath, Kitchenette with standard refrigerator and sink and family room. The basement also has a store room with 4′ wide by 3’4″ window and mud room with 2’10″x 2’10” window and 3′ wide door and laundry tub. The family room, kitchenette, mud room, bathroom and hall way have ceramic tile. The basement apartment does not include heat at this time; however, an estimate from a local handy man indicates the installation of a Toyo Stove with a kerosene line run from the kerosene tank would cost under $4,000. The basement family room and kitchenette have ample light from 6’ sliding glass doors and a 3’10” x 3′ kitchen window.
All glass in the windows & sliding doors is double panned with vinyl frames. The dome first floor has two skylights and two high profile entryways, each with a set of 6 foot sliding glass doors. Above each of the sliding doors is fixed glass – 2′ tall by 7’10” long. In the kitchen there is a standard entryway with single door and 5′ x 2’9″ tall window. The two bedrooms in the dome each have a window dormer.
The dome’s wood burning fireplace hearth is 4’6″ long by one foot wide. The fireplace glass doors are 3’7″ long by 1’10” tall. Around the base of the fireplace tile is installed.
The dome is all electric. During the summer 85 degrees are high temps. In the winter the dome is heated by a monitor heater, fireplace and southern sun. There is an exterior 250 gallon kerosene storage tank. If the dome is used as a summer vacation home, no fear going off and leaving the cabin in the cold North Carolina winters. Conventional houses need their furnace set at high temperatures to keep the building above freezing temps. However because the American Ingenuity dome has uninterrupted R28 insulation and reduced exterior surface area it can be heated and cooled very efficiently. This dome also has the advantage of having a south facing HP entryway which allows the sunlight to heat the dome. When the dome was not occupied in the winter, the owners set the monitor at 48 degrees causing the unheated basement to stay at 55 degrees. When they did not visit the dome in the winter only 100 gallons of kerosene was needed to keep the dome to 48 degrees.
The dome is accessed from I-40 or I-26 or the Blue Ridge Parkway to Highway 80 south. A paved driveway off Hwy 80 south is 260 ft long and ten feet wide. The dome has three decks and exterior stairs. One deck off the basement is 12′ long x 6′ wide with railing which accesses sliding glass doors in the basement family room & kitchenette. The second floor deck is 42 feet long by 6 feet wide and accesses the dome’s dining room and the living room. The exterior stairs are 16 feet long by 3′ wide which leads to the 12′ 10″ long by 7’5″ wide deck off the kitchen entryway. House is accessed either through the mud room door or the exterior stairs lead to a kitchen door or by walking around the dome.
All dome interior walls and the dome & basement exterior walls were freshly painted in November 2015.
Free with the dome are the following solid oak furniture: two end tables, coffee table, kitchen rolling cart, bar stool, coat stand, bench and two solid oak queen size headboards. Also free: kitchen appliances, love seat, sofa, two oak dressers, oak mirror, pressure treated wood two person deck chair with two end stands.
There is a local Father/Son team who the owners have used for repair and could be expected to handle the carpet and kitchen tile that you may want to replace and will do so with quality craftsmanship and at a very low, economical price.
Per Wikipedia, the Black Mountains are a mountain range in western North Carolina, in the southeastern United States. They are part of the Blue Ridge Province of the Southern Appalachian Mountains. The Blacks are the highest mountains in the Eastern United States. The range takes its name from the dark appearance of the red spruce and Fraser fir trees on the upper slopes which contrasts with the brown (during winter) or lighter green (during the growing season) appearance of the deciduous trees at lower elevations. The Eastern Continental Divide, which runs along the eastern Blue Ridge crest, intersects the southern tip of the Black Mountain range.
The Black Mountains are home to Mount Mitchell State Park, which protects the range’s highest summit and adjacent summits in the north-central section of the range. Much of the range is also protected by the Pisgah National Forest. The Blue Ridge Parkway passes along the range’s southern section, and is connected to the summit of Mount Mitchell by North Carolina Highway 128. The Black Mountains are mostly located in Yancey County, although the range’s southern and western extremes are part of Buncombe County.
As you will see in the area this property is an outstanding unique opportunity to capitalize on the fantastic mountain views, recreational facilities on the Parkway, close proximity to top class shops, restaurants and live theater in Asheville that we don’t believe you can find any where else in the country.
OPTION: the price includes the cabin and adjoining acreage of 2 acres; however, if you are interested there are 2.2 contiguous areas that you can purchase for additional cost. Above the paved road, the road continues as gravel and accesses the well area and a cleared area for a turn around or another home site. Above this cleared area are two more acres which could be sold for two other home sites. The top part of the property is flat and has a full view of Mount Mitchell Tower. Annual Yancey County property taxes are low – $735.
Completed 40′ Dome for Sale on 4.6 acres in Floral City, Florida
Asking price $199,000
Family has to move due to work
The dome floor plan is the 40′ Theta with a first floor of 1,146 sq.ft. and second floor of 466 sq.ft. The dome is completed and has been the DuFrain’s home for the past four years.
The home has two bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths and a loft office. The first floor has porcelin tile and the upper floor is wood laminate. The Kitchen has stainless appliances. The back has a concrete patio overlooking the sloping back yard.
The house is all electric and the power bill runs from about $70 to $105 a month with the air running. The other power bills in the neighborhood run about $200 a month higher.
The dome is on 4.6 wooded acres that is fenced. There is a 24’x32′ pole barn for parking and a 11’x20′ storage shed.
The home is located at 13155 S. Crater Terrance in Floral City Florida.
For information contact:
The DuFrain’s would love to stay in their dome home but they have to move for work. His contact number is 727-580-1720.
Dome Is Not For Sale
Dome Owner has decided to not sale at this time.
48 ft diameter Dome Home in Edgewater, Florida
Completed 48 foot diameter (48 Delta 22 floor plan) approximately 2,600 sq. ft. three bedroom, two bath American Ingenuity two story, steel reinforced concrete dome home is for sale.
The home sits on 9/10s of an acre on a high and dry lot in Volusia County, surrounded by hundreds of acres of woodlands. The lot is secluded and on a paved road in the county about 20 minutes from the beach and about 5 minutes to the intercoastal.
The homeowner, Eric Brindley, has been living in it since 2007 and building it in his spare time paying cash as he built. The home has been overbuilt, I.E. 2X8 or 2×6 framing instead of 2×4. Double stud with cross bracing instead of single stud. Doubled up floor joists 12″ O.C. Extra 2x’s on all beams. All wood nailed and glued. 2″ thick steel reinforced concrete entryways. 7″ eps insulation in entryways instead of 4″ fiberglass, #5 rebar instead of #4.
Per Eric, “The Dome is very efficient and strong. It has been hit by several hurricanes and tropical storms with no damage at all. My neighbor’s conventional house was severely damaged by the storms. I keep the house at 72 degrees in the summer and warmer in winter. My electric bill is around $100 a month with no water/sewer bill because I’m on well/septic. The house is designed for very little maintenance. I post updated construction pictures on my dome Facebook page as I progress”
Features of the dome:
1. It has a 3 ton 13 seer central AC system.
2. All windows are 7/8 low e argon filled dual pane glass.
3. The 10 foot sliding door is 1 inch low e argon filled.
4. The concrete exterior is painted with elastomeric paint.
5. Has well and septic.
6. Has 4 skylights and a transom window…all low e.
7. All entryway walls are framed with 2×8 pressure treated pine.
Eric can be reached at 386-690-0195
Finished 40′ Dome for Sale
14 miles from Asheville, North Carolina
In between Black Mountain and Bat Cave
The 40′ dome has 2,150 sq.ft. and sits atop 9′ Superior Walls basement and was built from an American Ingenuity steel reinforced concrete building kit.
The first level consists of a one bedroom with one full bath, laundry/furnace room, hobby room, garage and work shop.
The second level consists of a kitchen, two bedrooms, one full bath, dining room and great room.
The third level consists of the master bedroom with outside porch, walk in closet, exercise room and full bath.
- 2.46 acres atop a mountain side.
- Propane water heater/on demand with no tank.
- Outside wood burning furnace supplies heat in winter and unlimited hot water…has two zones but only using one zone.
- 385′ well and septic system.
For information go to Facebook www.facebook.com under Carl Dipilla.
Dome in South Florida, Miami/Homestead
View this listing on REALTOR.com(R):
15261 SW 212 St
Miami, FL 33187
MLSID # D1171911
Basic Property Attributes:
3 beds, 2.5 baths
1,532 sq. ft.
The dome Owner’s name is John Menendez.
You can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
34′ Dome for Sale in Putman County, Florida
An adorable brand new 98% finished 34′ (1,100 sq.ft.) two story American Ingenuity home with two bedrooms, two baths, two patios and a beautiful view is for sale. The property sits on one acre on the St. John’s River in San Mateo, Florida and is located on a dead end. The beach is a 25 minute drive. The property has several fruit trees and a wooded area for your privacy.
This quaint home is ideal as a starter home, perfect for a fishing guide, or just a place to get away and relax. Add your appliances and some flooring to make it home. The dome has three French doors with two high profile entryways and one standard door with a standard entryway. The second floor has two window dormers. The AC is a Tempstar 2 ton system. It has a deep well and the septic system is top of the line. I’d love to stay and live here but my employment leads me elsewhere. Please contact E. Harbus at 215-200-0507 or click on email to email them.
This Dome Has Sold!
34 ft in diameter – 2,023 sq.ft. Dome Home
on above ground garage
in North Port, Florida — 25 minutes from Beaches
This unique dome home by American Ingenuity was built to be very energy efficient and extreme weather resistant. Family is moving and building another Ai dome. See link below to go to the real estate site for picture.
- – Round dome for wind resistance
- – Concrete exterior for wildfire protection
- – Dome above garage for flood avoidance
- – Built 2005
- – Sits on .95 acre
- – 2,023 sq ft heated/cooled
- – 2 bed (lrg), 2 full bath, 2 half bath
- – Ceiling fans throughout (even in garage and pool)
- – Large 2nd floor deck
- – 2 ton AC, elec heat
- – Pella doors and windows (the best)
- – Solar hot water system
- – Deep well, septic system
- – Security system
- – Inground fiberglas, solar heated, screened pool
- – Irrigation system
- – Hurricane ez mount shutters
- – Backyard garden area with pond and waterfalls
- – Outdoor lights front, back, and pool
- – Within North Port, FL city limits
- – 25 minutes from beaches
- – Easy access to I-75
- – Taxes around $1500/yr
Partially Completed 48′ dome linked to a 30′ Dome
in Frostproof, Florida
48′ – 3 bedroom, 3 1/2 bath Dome Home of 2,746 sq.ft.
linked to a 30′ two car Garage Dome of 861 sq.ft.
These domes are up for sale because the owner does not have time to complete the project.
- Two dome kits that cost $59,132 (includes taxes & shipping).
- Engineer Sealed Building Plans and Florida Energy Report that cost $2,075
- Fully assembled American Ingenuity Dome Building Kits.
- All the interior framing and second floors installed.
- Rough-in electrical and rough-in plumbing close to completion.
- Septic tank and drainfield installed and approved.
- A well drilled and approved.
- Temporary power to the site.
- Electric power connected to the well pump.
- All the exterior doors (including the garage door) installed.
- All the windows installed. All windows and French doors are double paned and are Energy Star rated.
- Rough-in stairs completed.
- One acre of land.
The home is located in a gated subdivision just outside the city limits of Frostproof, Florida and is adjacent to the Lake Arbuckle State Forest.
The Domes can be completed by the new owner or a contractor can be hired for the finishing. The domes can be finished for well under $50,000, depending upon the buyer’s choices (AC, hot water heater, appliances, bathroom fixtures, cabinets, flooring, etc.)
48′ Dome Home with 30′ Dome Garage
The 48′ dome home is linked to a 30′ dome garage. There is 2,746 sq.ft. of living space in the 3 bedroom, 3.5 bath home. The garage has 861 sq.ft. for a total square footage of 3,607.
The first floor of the dome home is 1,782 sq.ft. and is framed out for:
- a 261 sq.ft. family room located between the kitchen and living room.
- a 283 sq.ft. kitchen with a large walk in pantry. The Kitchen has a standard entryway with two french doors installed and window installed above where the sink would be located. The kitchen is plumbed out for a sink, dish washer and refrigerator.
- a 163 sq.ft. master bath plumbed out for a commode, sink and shower. A window is installed in the window dormer.
- a 235 sq.ft. master bedroom with large walk in closet. The bedroom has a standard entryway with two french doors installed.
- a guest half bath off the kitchen is plumbed out for a commode and sink.
- a 155 sq.ft. dining room
- and a 265 sq.ft. living room with front door and side window on each side of the door installed.
The second floor of the home dome is 964 sq.ft. and is framed out for 500 sq.ft. game room with two skylights, two bedrooms and a bath. Each bedroom has 157 sq.ft., a skylight and a window dormer that has a double paned window installed. The bath is 82 sq.ft. plumbed out for a commode, sink, and tub/shower.
The home dome is connected to the garage dome via a 158 sq.ft. link containing the utility room with plumbing stubbed out for the washer, dryer, utility sink and AC.
The home dome has two standard entryways, one high profile entryway, one first floor window dormer, two second floor window dormers and five reflective skylights. A pair of double paned French doors is installed in each standard entryway. Installed within the high profile entryway is a door with a window on each side of the door. The home dome is connected via a link to the 30′ garage dome.
The garage dome has one standard entryway with a door and window installed and one garage entryway with a 12′ garage door installed. The garage first floor is 623 sq.ft. and has a full bath plumbed out for a commode, sink and shower. The second floor attic is 238 sq.ft. The garage total square footage is 861 sq.ft.
THIS DOME HAS SOLD!
Dome Home in Willow Springs, Missouri
45’ dome on finished basement with 30’ screened dome
Gorgeous 45′ diameter energy efficient American Ingenuity geodesic dome overlooking 2 acre lake.
3,900 sq. ft., four stories, including finished basement and cupola; 3 baths, 2 kitchens, sunken conversation pit, wet bar, fireplace, curved staircase w/mirrors, central vac system, sauna, hardwood and carpeted flooring, ceramic tile floors in bath, utility room and kitchen.
Insulated throughout; textured cement exterior, wrap around deck w/stairs
30 foot diameter screened dome.
Ten acre wooded setting, exceptional landscaping with over 100 hostas, gazebo, water ponds, water wheel, rock garden, cement drive, picnic and garden areas and more.
Too many extras to mention.
Low taxes, country living.
To view pictures, click on this link http://picasaweb.google.com/oliverdome/DomePictures
For sale By Owner, Ralph Oliver
1,980 sq.Ft. American Ingenuity dome
New appliances, 2 porches, fruit trees, new carpet, washer and dryer, centralized de-humidifier, very energy efficient
Rent for $1,000 a month (first and security Deposits required, Pets Allowed)
live the dome life at a great price!
Call Hector Valle
This Dome Has Sold! Key Largo florida dome home
with unobstructed view of the atlantic ocean
This super strong, super energy efficient American Ingenuity 40’ dome home includes three bedrooms, two baths and has 2,407 sq.ft. on three levels. The home and its 460 sq.ft. screened-in balcony sets on top concrete pilings and a concrete platform right on the Atlantic Ocean. Under the platform is 1,500 sq.ft. of space with a height of 9’3” which is ideal for the parking of cars and an RV.
The home’s first floor is accessed from the ground level parking area with a 4ft x 4ft lift and an outside stairway. The lift is housed on the ground level parking area within a 16 X17 room which also includes 272 sq.ft. of storage space. Within the dome, a separate half circular steel stairway connects the first and second floors. The crow’s nest is accessed from the second floor via a ship’s ladder.
This lovely home is located on one of Florida’s beautiful keys, Key Largo. Miami International airport is about one hour north of the dome. Miami Beach is about 1 1/2 hours away and Key West is about 2 ½ hours or 100 miles.
The dome owners names are Joan and David Barrow. Their Marr Properties Real Estate agent is Dan McAfee who can be reached at 305-451-4078 or toll free 800-277-3728.
The dome home address is:
Gulfstream Shores – CR 905
205 N. Ocean Dr. – Rt 7
Key Largo, FL 33037
The following is some general information about the home:
Location and Land Size:
- In Gulfstream Shores which is in the Dagny Johnson Key Largo Hammock Botanical State Park.
- The dome is located in a very quiet neighborhood on a dead end street.
- The lot is 75’X100’.
- The Homeowner dues for the park and the Gulfstream Shores corporation are $130.00 per year
- Within Gulfstream Shores there are 100 lots:
- The state of Florida owns 42 lots
- There are 32 homes with one home under construction
- The Dome is across from the Homeowner’s park
- The Homeowner park includes a boat ramp, Tiki hut, picnic tables and a dock for fishing
Certificate of Occupancy was received Dec. 24, 1987.
Square Footage under AC and Heat is 2,407:
Areas under AC and heat are the first and second floors and crow’s nest.
- First floor: 1,517 sq.ft. Living, dining, kitchen, 2 BR, 1 Bath, Utility room
- Second floor: 790 sq.ft Office, bath, bedroom with walk in closet
- Crow’s next: 100 sq.ft. Twin bed sleeping area – great for reading
Ground Level Storage
1,530 sq.ft. w/ clearance of 9’3″.
- This American Ingenuity super strong dome comes with a hurricane and tornado guarantee. The dome’s walls have an exterior of steel reinforced concrete with seven inch thick expanded bead polystyrene (E.P.S.) insulation (R-28). The dome shell’s interior is plastered.
- Skylights are made of auto type glass, which will shatter, not break if hit by hurricane debris.
- The home’s windows are wood inside and plastic outside with Plexiglas storm panels.
- The crow’s nest windows are new, tinted and feature impact resistant glass.
- Prior to a hurricane, the homeowner only has to shutter the sliding glass doors in the living room area.
- The storage area under the house is constructed from concrete blocks with break-a-way wall construction.
1. A Magnificent stained glass window is over the sliding glass doors that leads to a screened-in porch which has a beautiful unobstructed ocean view.
2. 5 triangular shaped Skylights.
3. Joan Purcell custom made reef wall decoration available to buyer.
4. Two Drawer 32″ deep locking Legal Fireproof File
5. Kitchen with built in appliance garages, built in cabinets and more than average storage.
6. Three Bedrooms:
- Two bedrooms are located on the first floor of the dome and each is large enough to have either a king bed or twin beds.
- The master bedroom is on the second floor of the dome and has a built in queen size bed with drawers under the bed.
- If you do not want to walk up the exterior stairs to access the first floor of the dome, you can use the lift from the ground level.
7. Two Baths:
- The bath on the first floor has a shower.
- The bath on the second floor has an “Air Bubble” tiled tub.
Equipment and Appliances:
- Nov 98 New A/C-Heat Compressor – 3 Ton 12 Seer – Janitrol
- Jul. 01 – New Air handler – Lenox
- Houston A/C maintenance contract can transfer to new owner
- Dec. 87 -GE Washer & Dryer
- Dec. 87 GE Side/side Frig/freezer with ice maker
- Dec. 87 GE 4 burner electric stove with oven
- Nov. 04 Magic Chef Microwave built in
- Dec. 87 GE Mini Frig/freezer in 2nd floor office
- Jul. 03 GE Dishwasher
- Jul. 06 Garbage Disposal
- 3 water heaters – Kitchen/Laundry Tankless – First floor bath is Tankless – Upstairs bath is regular
- Clothes chute from 2nd floor to laundry area
- Amway water filter to icemaker/kitchen sink/bath upstairs
- X10 remote lighting control system installed
- Telephone wiring to all rooms
- Cable TV wiring to bedrooms and kitchen
- Florida Keys Aqueduct Authority Water with Fire Plug protection
- Florida Keys Electric Co-operative
- Heating and Cooling Costs for 2004 were $1,408.
- Heating and Cooling Costs for 2005 were $1,623. The increased cooling and heating costs were due to an increase in rates not an increase in usage.
- No gas available except propane.
- Septic tank – no central sewer available.