Please scroll down the page to find chart showing specifications for Geodesic Dome Home, square footage by floor, first floor ceiling height if a second floor is installed above first floor, dome interior height, etc. To view 15′ & 18′ dome specs, click on Tiny Home Specs.
To view Dome Diameters in Meters and floor plan square footages in square meters, select page 2.
American Ingenuity manufacturers ten different prefab home kit sizes also called Modular Home. Domes are measured by diameter in feet. The 15′ & 18′ & 22′ domes can have a first floor only with optional attic/loft while the 27′, 30′, 34′, 36′, 40′, 45′ and 48′ domes can have a second floor framed with wood 2×10 joists. If a cupola is installed on top of a 40′, 45′ or 48′ dome there is enough interior height to install a small loft area under the cupola.
The floor plan selected determines how much of the second floor is installed. Where a second floor is not installed there will be high vaulted ceilings over first floor areas. It is typical that one half to two thirds of the second floor is installed. However any of the domes can be built with no second floor. Below are pictures of some of the dome sizes.
Ai’s Tiny Home Kits 15′ & 18′ come with 4′ risers and additional 2′ risers. A’s 22′ – 48′ dome kits include four foot tall riser panels before the triangle geometry. Ceiling Heights in first floor rooms that have second floor installed above them is either 7′ 6″ or 8′. 22′, 27′, 30′, 34′ & 36′ kits – 7’6″. 40′, 45′ & 48′ – 8′.
How to have 8’6″ or ten feet first floor ceiling heights in rooms with a second floor installed above them: In 22′ & 27′ domes custom order five foot tall risers instead of the standard four foot tall risers which results in eight foot six inch ceiling height. In 30′, 34′, 36′, 40′, 45′ & 48′ domes order taller entryway panels and on site pour a one foot perimeter wall or two foot perimeter wall on the slab to result in either a nine foot or ten foot first floor ceiling height. In areas that have no second floor installed above them, there are high vaulted ceilings.
40′ Garage Dome on the left linked to a 45′ Dome Home
40′ Garage Dome on the left linked to a 48′ Dome Home
34′ Dome on full basement
Or 27′ dome can be built as a two bedroom/two bath dome home.
Dome on the right is 40′ in diameter.
- To learn more about entryway widths, panel weights, etc., scroll down.
- To view sample stock plans, click on dome home plans.
- To learn more about entryways, cupolas, etc., view Building Options.
- To learn what is included in the Dome Building Kit, view Building Kit Contents.
- To learn about dome kit sale prices, view Sale.
- To view pictures of the Kit Assembly Process, view Kit Assembly.
- To view info about Construction Overview, view Overview.
- To learn about the regular pricing for each stock plan and the corresponding regular pricing on the building kit for that stock plan, click on Stock Plans & Kit Regular Prices.
- To learn more about interior finishing click on Finishing.
- To view 15′ & 18′ dome specs, click on Tiny Home Specs.
DOME GEOMETRY: Frequency is the number of intersections from the center of one pentagon grouping to the next pentagon grouping.
- Ai’s 15′, 18, 22’ and 27′ domes are 2-frequency, 1/2 spheres on a 4′ vertical riser. The 15′ & 18′ kits come with 4′ riser and additional 2′ risers. Instead of the standard four foot riser panel, a five foot riser panel with taller entryway panels can be ordered for the 22′ & 27′ kits.
- Ai’s 30’, 34’, 36′, 40’, 45’, and 48′ domes are 3-frequency, 3/8 spheres on a 4′ vertical riser. On site a one foot or two foot tall wall can be built to install the risers on which increases first floor ceiling height (where 2nd floor built above first floor) to 9′ or 10′. Or additional 2′ risers can be ordered and installed on the standard 4′ riser panels.
American Ingenuity’s 30′ through 48′ in diameter domes are approximately a one half sphere with a four foot tall riser wall.
- Ai. finds it more practical to use a vertical 4′ riser wall on all of its domes instead of designing its domes with the 5/8 geometry.
- Ai’s 30′ dome turns out to be almost the same height as a 5/8 dome.
- Also the 4′ riser wall makes for a better shaped entryway and allows the dome to link with all of our other size domes.
(Click on charts below to enlarge)
Panel Composition: To learn more about the panel composition, view Composition.
To view Dome Diameters in Meters and floor plan square footages in square meters, CLICK HERE