The following is the sales information that was presented to the public in 2006. To view photo gallery of the dome click on South Carolina Dome.
One Owner-Builder of an American Ingenuity dome complex is planning to relocate to Florida. He sold his dome complex in the Greenville/Spartanburg area of South Carolina.
The dome complex consists of one fully furnished 40’ dome home (2 Bedroom, 2 ½ bath 1,600 sq.ft.) linked to a 27’ two car garage with a 12’ utility dome and a dog dome.
These domes are situated on the high point of 6.9 acres of land. 5.5 acres are pasture land, 1.4 acres are hardwood forest. The domes sit on a hill with a gorgeous view.
KOLB PROPERTY DETAILS
This dome home consists of an American Ingenuity 40′ dome linked to a 27′, two car garage. The garage first floor is 555 sq.ft. with a 16 foot wide overhead door and a 680 sq.ft. attic. The attic floor is fully suspended from the dome shell so there are no columns or supporting walls to interrupt the garage first floor.
Dome Home Features:
• Fully furnished with quality items including two king size beds and a solid wood book wall from Denmark.
• Draperies by ADO – “Draperies with the Gold Thread.”
• Non-vented gas log fire place.
• Flooring: combination of laminate “hardwood style”, tiles and Berber carpet.
• Heating/Cooling: by means of a Geothermal heat pump, using latent sun energy which is stored in the ground with 1,000 feet of hermetically sealed special plastic pipe loop, at a 6 feet depth.
• Water Heating: tank-less, on-demand propane gas water heater unit.
Construction: Steel reinforced concrete shell with 7” thick E.P.S polystyrene insulation.
Insulation value: R-28 which is comparable to 11” of fiberglass insulation.
Construction complies with 1995 CABO Code, One/two Family Category. This dome has been occupied by the original owner since April 30, 2002.
This Geodesic Dome Home is super energy efficient with a low environmental impact. It has been tested by a third party independent testing company and was subsequently certified as an ENERGY STAR HOME by EPA. The home actually uses 61 percent less energy than a comparably sized home.
To view info and pics about his geo thermal pipes and water furnace, click on GeoThermal.